Monday 3 January 2011

Revision, Revision, Revision

It isn't what it says it is, is it.

When I am revising, It is not because I know what I have learnt and am refreshing my memory.... I am learning it, usually because I was staring out of a window here or there, or was away on some bizarre psychology trip so I missed the fluid mosaic model entirely..... *deep breath*

But I am clever, I'm not going to deny it, but I'm not talking like LOOK AT ME I'M SO SMART NEEERRRR... I'm just saying, that no one REvises, they just...well vise, i suppose.

I am of to do a bit of vision.

But the thing is, we should be constantly skimming over our knowledge, stopping those traces decaying, and only using the textbooks as cues to trigger a memory....

See what I did there? ;)

But we don't, none of us do, unless we are actually willing to learn something in our free time. Sure, I am interested in Biology and Psychology, Just not interested in the exact models and having to learn all the fancy names, or perhaps, not interested in writing down a Grave evaluation on Milgram's study one more time.

I have 10 science books on my desk that I recieved for christmas....

2 from Richard Wiseman
1 from Derren Brown
4 from New scientist
and 2 others, Bad Science by Ben goldacre, which is amusing, and "How to recycle your granny" - which mum must have seen and...thought of me?

The thing is, I think it is profitable, and valuable to have access to this information that is of entertainment to me. Such as someone might rather have a book by Alan titchmarsh or Joe from gardeners world, if they are interested in plants.

So, what am I? You wouldn't call the person with the books on gardening a "horticulture nerd" But I am just a general boffin, because I'm interested in science and mostly pyschological and neurological.

And specifically, how to lie so I can be the best world dominating world dominator there ever was, is and will be ;)

And I based my subjects on this fact, The sociology, to understand norms and culture. The Biology, to see just how our tickers tick and what gets on our nerves to make them fire. The English, mainly what drew me to that is in one module we are going to be looking at the development of language. The psychology 'coz I like all that mind stuff, and the Spanish? Well....


Elegí estudiar espanol, porque, amo los idiomas, en realidad, me odio el francais, es aburrido y francais tiene... memorias mal, para yo, pero si.... Elegí espanol porque puedo hablo sobre personas yo no gusto....jajaja

So hopefully, I'll be a real life bond villain :)

The thing is, I don't know If I'll ever go to university, I mean, I want to, but I don't know what to study, I want to make decisions based on what I will enjoy in a job. Maybe I could get paid for playing robot unicorn attack and blogging...but haha.

And there's all this stuff about money. I don't want to get political here, but... I LOVE GORDON BROWN :')

Not really guys don't worry.

Back to the point, I'm a superstar, just perhaps not an academic one, although I do pretty well, moved to a good school and got 6bs and 4as, I just don't have the drive at the boring bits, but most students are like that. I do want to work past the boring bit, to get to the good bit.

The boring bit for me was always physics and chemistry practicals...REALLY, I have to put this wire in this solution and ARGH...electrolysis and I never got along. Those closest to me at the time must have wondered how I managed to not just leave... Like I said, not an academic superstar... And physics was worst, not only did you have to make a million columns, there was 15000 calculations to do meaning more columns and...How I got a B in physics I did not know.

I did one exam with a scribe because I injured my hand causing a nice little jam and break of the joint in one finger, and the massive swelling up and greying of my entire right hand. Good old taekwon do. Never block with a knife-hand.

But I managed to pass, by some miracle, I managed to pass them all.

College is a lot different, I don't care much for sociology, it's going next year. I may do my extended project on why I chose to drop the class. Really, I thought we would be looking at different cultures and religions etc...but we're looking at what functionalists think about the nuclear family.

That's very here, in England, but also, very boring. I may be able to scrape a pass using the source, some wit and some long sociology associated words...but I haven't revised for it in the christmas break, and my exam is sometime between the 10th and the 15th of Jan... :D

I have revised for Psychology, and made a list of future things to revise, and I am now doing a test for biology, at 1:14 am... but I only have 3 exams...Psych, Bio and Soc...and I hate soc.

I mentioned earlier my hatred for practicals, not biology though, I loved my friend seated behind me wondering around with a sheep's eye on the end of a scalpel and waving it in people's faces, but I also love the biology of AS Level, because it involves cutting animals hearts and lungs up, and...making the aorta talk to the Pulmonary artery.

I would say, and no one wants to be the average, and I don't, but I seem to be an average person, very good at procrastinating, and the perks that come with it, such as being good at blogs and having high scores on facebook games, but I am not your average teenage girl.

Sure, I care about boys, but I've seen some of my friends crying every five minutes, I don't want these issues to take up my day, I want to share my wit, usually. I'm short, so I have to make up for that, people recognise me for it.

They either love me, usually the case, or think I am some kind of wierdo, because I drew a mini octopus to mark the point on the graph in statistics in year 10, or perhaps because in year 8 I wrote that I wanted 2 slices of toast for xmas in german In german class....muahaha.

I need to start seeing my friends again, because I might actually go insane, blogging long into the night about my unfortunate adventures...

I know if Maddy makes it this far, her brain will have mushed and then melted and been kept in an emergency level, and then re-mushed and cooled down, offered a cup of tea which it refused, and then gone to bed.

I am not trying to hard, I am just typing what I want to say, to SOMEONE, ANYONE...

Well, I am normal in many ways. I have a mum who I love, and who I have a good solid relationship with....mostly ;D

I have a stepdad, who Is a bit annoying, but we can debate about science which I love!

There's my brother, who comes into my room when I'm in the middle of something and asks stupid questions, but I love him.

I hate some of my brothers friends, I dislike people, I don't want to upset people, but I don't want to be walked on, I have loads to share, sometimes I'm just afraid to share it, because let's be honest...If some people saw this blog...

I watch harry hills TV Burp, the apprentice, SHAMELESS, waterloo road, holby, casualty...oh I love it all.

What I'm trying to say is, I am a teenager, I go to college, I study, I get into fights, I need to get a part-time job and I watch lousy shit on the TV...

but I know I'll keep writing stuff into this blog, that won't make sense, but some will get it, and these people that get it, they are worth a chat too.

P.S

after that odd semi-chronological blog, does anybody own a wheelchair Maddy and I could borrow...we have a *bit* of an evil plot ahead of us, and we would only need it for one evening or so...nothing world dominatory :)

راتشال - dats my name in arabic biatch

No comments:

Post a Comment