Friday 23 September 2011

Review of sweets.


So as you may remember, I complained about my dad bringing me sweets from France, but due to my gnawing hunger, I decided to sample them.

I picked them up with the 'OHHHH CARAMBAR' I remember these... really rather chewy french sweets. Anyway, I have:

Les Minis (I'm assuming small versions of perhaps what could be bigger)

CARAMBAR (The brand, originating with caramel sweets, or perhaps because the word for sweet is something to do with caramel, like in spanish, it's caramelo)

FestiMix (Party Mix, and I'm sticking with that)

120 Bonbons environ (120 sweets inside? Oh yay my jaw will LOVE me)



So they came in Fraise, Peche, Cerise, Caramel (yay) and Cola.

Seeing as I like peach and cherry sweets, it was doing quite well, and I like the caramel ones.

So, I opened the tub. GOOD BLIMEY. The waft of wafting essences of sweets flew over me, the caramel was most overpowering, but with hints of other clashing fruitful flavours, it managed to smell creamy and alcoholic, and thus my brain registered it as smelling of Bailey's. Which I really really like, so that's a good start.

It's odd, they all look like little armless, legless creatures that can't escape, all piled on top of one another, screaming at me in French. Here's a picture of the Bailey's smelling sweet-creatures:

And don't worry if you can't see their little faces, because I took a close up of each one, specifically for the blog. Now let's start the main review.

I picked up caramel, I knew I'd be safe with it. He's kinda cute (they're all male by the way, due to the arrogant nature of their faces)


This is desperately chewy, and causes me much pain, but the taste is ABSOLUTELY fantasmical, like literally...

So, It's my favourite tasting one, but it hurts to chew it haha. Luckily, the others aren't as chewy, so we continue into the rest of the tub...

Also, this is a conversation I had with Louise at exactly this point, when discovering that there was writing inside of the packet:

quel est le lapin le plus explosif?
[6:35:28 PM] Rachel Morris: Pan Pan!
[6:35:35 PM] Louise Parker: More explosive rabbit?
[6:35:39 PM] Louise Parker: WTF??
[6:35:53 PM] Louise Parker: No, wait...
[6:36:04 PM] Louise Parker: The most explosive rabbit
[6:36:09 PM] Rachel Morris: yes i got that haha
[6:36:20 PM] Rachel Morris: im trying one of each flavour

Indeed.... indeed.

So the next one I chose was peach, it's not too bad


Not very peach looking, I know, but it was reasonable....slightly burn-y... but not too bad...

So I moved onto cola, although not in a cola mood.



It was VERY cola, so fizzy, and it was unexpected, and I nearly ran a mile before realising the cola was still in my mouth. So I got over it, and then mentioned to Louise that my pallet needs cleansing in between these erratic sweets, and popped the cherry

sweet into my mouth. ;)


Now it tasted pretty much completely chemical and nothing like cherry, but I still quite enjoyed it, and then managed to eat the strawberry one.

I was reluctant to do so, because it smelt like strawberry yoghurt (synthetic) and hand cream, and it had a plastic 'before' taste. Anyway, here's the picture.


Dad also managed to find gum that looked like packets of Durex, and the packet smells really strongly, yet vaguely, of watermelon.


I mean REALLY...


anyway, overall, all French sweets are wierd... feel free to sample it all yourself

Lol,

Ray <3 xx


No comments:

Post a Comment