Friday 2 September 2011

Oh Facebook...


HELLO POPPETS... how delightful I haven't blogged since July-ish.

Mon Bodyguard: She 'as an excuse she waz en Poland

(and how do you type with a French accent again!?)

Anyway, I for one, am ashamed, and annoyed, yet again, by facebook's preposterous advertisement NONSENSE, which only serves to confuse, spam, and dissapoint. Seriously, get some actual adverts.

Here is what I mean:

Firstly, writing Stories, blogs and poems, are things easily found on here. But to describe such writings by folk, of perhaps 13 - 16 year olds as ADHD, smacks me right on the nose (ow) with an issue which has forever bugged me. Oh look, WRITING AND BEHAVING LIKE SO GIVES YOU 21 COOL POINTS.

Well if you believe that, you must be stupid, 21 is a very inhabitable number!


Well, this is actually quite clever, because it targets people who feel different who think having a diagnosis is cool. Well done Facebook, yet again managing to produce more of the generation who think they're inability to pay attention to Mr Boring explain the hypoteboring side on a triboring is NOT because of their smartphones containing their juicy whizzing colourful social media, it is because they're obviously ADHD Bi-polar maniacs who shouldn't be allowed in the classroom because their brains can't handle the tragic teenage lives they lead.

I have been there, with the real ADHD, Bi-polar, you name it, wonderful members of society, and I mean wonderful, because I am rather special myself, especially at school, I'm not going to go there don't ask. But people who think it is cool, to have a mental illness, or otherwise neurological difference (and I'm not trying to upset the neuro-diversity applecart here), people want that, I don't know why on earth they would, but being the scene kid who wears flip-flops to a wedding obviously isn't different enough, and adverts like these ENCOURAGE such thoughts.

People may have thought I was a bit like this, but really, I was driven nuts by my own brain; I tried to self-diagnose, but managed to pigeon hole myself out of a lot of friendship groups or the ability to stay in a classroom environment because well, I did say I wouldn't go there, but, there is room on this blog to find out what I mean, if you can be bothered to search, and I AM planning to type up my life as a schoolian one day soon, maybe it will find itself on here XD

Seriously though, this annoys me, people strive so much to be "cool" and "different" that they want to be diagnosed as mentally ill, or having a neurological deficit. Tut tut, Buy a cardigan, some chinos and some vans, like the rest of the people trying to be cool. If you want to be different, just be your bloody self!

Sorry for that, random annoyance, just something I haven't seen in a while... Grr.

Tarahhhh

Rachel :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment