Monday 17 October 2011

I AM AGNOSTIC

I am not atheist.

I have an issue with the usage of that phrase. People who just can't be bothered to have any opinion on religion because they're 21st Century Western Teenagers need their own term. Atheism, the few I've met, aren't aggressive at the concept of God, they aren't annoyed to talk about beliefs and they don't call belief 'Gay' and 'Stupid'.

I know I am agnostic, simply because, what clue do I have, and what right do I have, claiming my knowledge that there is no God, or that there definitely is one. No offence to those with beliefs, at all, I still pray and ask for forgiveness and what not, just in case somebody is out there listening, ((mostly because I'm a paranoid twonk)) but, I just do not feel that I am worthy to say anything on the subject, and there are so many sources, I have friends belonging to nearly all religions, or at least practising them, and well, who am I to say something's right and something's wrong.

It's all very confusing. Yet I am ashamed of my blasphemous behaviour. Why do I, and many others, always use words that are offensive to religion, I mean, it's not like I walk around being sexist or racist without batting an eyelid, it just slips out, like anything, I mean, it's so common to do so, and yet, I can't stop myself.

I was watching Stephen Fry's thing, and he said 'Oh my goodness' and of course, I am not well acquainted with Fry's blasphemous habits, but it just seemed that maybe he has learned a great control over his words, the jealousy and guilt surges through me as I type, because I can't and maybe it will improve with time, but I try very hard not to say those things, but if I'm not thinking, it all comes out. It's just odd, I mean really.

WHY BRAIN, WHY??

It makes me seem both ignorant and arrogant at the same time, and I don't like that, I'm not against any religion, no matter whatever awfulness comes out of my mouth.

Just ignore it, I do haha

Ray <3 xx

((see, told you you'd get two for the price of one ;) ))

No comments:

Post a Comment