Saturday 22 October 2011

Well I've had a bit of a funny morning, so here's a blog.

Firstly. THE NEIGHBOURS ARE ANNOYING. How much noise can you make, and STOP getting sawdust on mum's washing, and your dog is not a sick orphan, it's just a dog, let it be a dog, dammit.

Okay, haha, So, I thought I'd try and teach Sarah how to speak Pig Latin on Thursday, it was very entertaining.

Basically, for every word starting with a consonant, you take off the Consonant, or cluster of consonants, and pop them at the end, and ad -ay. E.G

Cat = C at - atC - atCay. But you keep the hard C sound, and it rhymes with cat, the pronunciation stays the same.

So Bread turns to eadBray, but you don't say eedBray You say edBray Phonetically.

In fact, Sarah struggled to work out what I was saying, I was reading out words in Pig Latin, and getting her to change them into English:

Me: eadBray
Sarah: uuuuhhh Breeaahh... Bray! No. Uh... um... what?
Me: ead....Bray
Sarah: Bb.. Brrr... Oh this is hard!
Me: Break it down, take the -ay of the end, and you get
Sarah: Ead... um?
Me: EadBr
Sarah: EadBr, eadBr... um um OH! no.... ohhhh!!!!
Me: What does it start with, and what does it end with.
Sarah: Okay, it starts with... um... Br, and ends with.. er... ead. Br...ead
Me: Yeah...
Sarah: **looks confused** Br.. ead.. Br... ead, what word is tha- OHHH BREAD
Me: ¬¬
Sarah: **hysterical fits of laughter**

It turns out, that the only word she knew instantly from my reading out of my history book was 'itlerHay'

She also found 'urchillChay' to be of the utmost hilarity.

We went to the bakery on that Thursday, how awesome are we, and Lentils had told us to bugger off and work on our EPQ, but that's what half term is for :') Muahaha, it was our last day, let us get a cookie dammit >:(

I could do with a cookie now, actually, I'm rather hungry, the 'rents have just got back from walking the Mungo, and it's nearly lunch so all is good :P

A book I really like 'We need to talk about Kevin' has been made into a film, and I wanna see it. Darn it!

Going to go now, I kinda wanna play sims, to be honest XD

Love Ray <3 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment